10 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus much more for buttering the pan
1 cup all-purpose flour, plus much more for dusting the pan (see Cook’s Note)
1 cup stone-ground cornmeal
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla flavoring
two tablespoons honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 levels F. Butter and gently flour a 9-inch cake pan. Make sure to remove any excess flour in the pan.
- Whisk together the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, sodium bicarbonate and salt inside a large bowl.
- Whisk together 8 tablespoons the butter using the buttermilk, eggs and vanilla in a tiny bowl until smooth.
- Pour the butter mixture in to the cornmeal mixture and stir until completely combined. Pour the batter in to the prepared cake pan and bake until a cake tester arrives clean, about half an hour.
- Let awesome for fifteen minutes before removing from cake pan. Mix the honey and also the remaining two tablespoons butter together in a tiny bowl, then spread throughout the top cornbread to complete. Serve immediately or at 70 degrees.
When calculating flour, we spoon it right into a dry calculating cup and level from the excess. (Scooping from the bag compacts the flour, leading to dry baked goods.)