Using its super-moist texture, buttery blueberry and brown sugar flavors, and extremely soft crumb, this is actually the best ever blueberry bread recipe. You’ll need 4 ripe bananas to start.
Welcome to 2013! Just kidding. Today, in 2018, I’m updating a vintage recipe for you personally. This really is my personal favorite blueberry bread recipe, one which I’ve valued for a long time. It’s the recipe you think of first after i have leftover spotty bananas around the counter and also the bread that’s on constant rotation within my freezer stash. This is actually the best ever blueberry bread recipe and when you haven’t attempted it yet, now’s time.
“Best-ever” is a reasonably bold statement, right? I’ve attempted several many fundamental blueberry bread recipes and that i can happily admit this the first is my very favorite. Readers have fallen for each other too! Why is that one so great? This blueberry bread has got the most bananas from any blueberry bread I’ve available before! 2 whole glasses of mashed blueberry, that is about 4 large bananas. More blueberry adds more moisture and flavor towards the end product.
How you can Mash Bananas
Do you know may use your electric mixer to mash bananas? Break or slice the spotty bananas into large pieces and put within the bowl of the stand mixer– or make use of a regular mixing bowl as well as your hands mixer. Begin beating on low, then progressively increase to medium-high-speed because the bananas break lower into mashed blueberry. This can be used bowl throughout the blueberry bread ingredients.
Other Blueberry Bread Ingredients
- Butter: Use softened butter for any soft texture and irresistible butter flavor.
- Brown Sugar: Make use of all brown sugar within this recipe. I’ve described before that brown sugar may be the offender behind soft and moist cookies. Well, brown sugar works that very same magic in blueberry bread, too. There’s no regular granulated sugar within this blueberry bread recipe the sweetness originates from brown sugar and bananas. (And cream cheese frosting if you want to include it!)
- Eggs: Eggs supply cakes, cupcakes, breads, doughs, and cookies their stability and structure, in addition to a tender texture. You’ll need 2 large eggs within this blueberry bread recipe.
- Yogurt: Yogurt adds much more moisture for this blueberry bread. I love to use yogurt whenever possible when I’m baking. Sour cream is an excellent substitution for plain yogurt. You should use the 2 interchangeably in many baking recipes.
For blueberry nut bread, add 3/4 cup of chopped nuts towards the blueberry bread batter I love using either pecans or walnuts. I love their sweet, toasty, and slight crunch nestled within the soft blueberry bread crumbs. You can leave them out completely if you’re not keen on blueberry nut bread!
How you can Freeze Blueberry Bread
I’ve received lots of questions regarding freezing blueberry bread since i have printed the recipe, so allow me to share the things that work. You are able to freeze blueberry bread with such instructions to preserve its fresh flavor and texture for several weeks!
- Awesome baked blueberry bread completely.
- Tightly wrap the loaf or slices (individually or grouped) by 50 percent-3 layers of plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Place wrapped blueberry bread inside a large freezer-friendly storage bag or multiple-use container.
- Date the bag and freeze for approximately 3-4 several weeks. Thaw wrapped or unwrapped within the refrigerator or at 70 degrees. All methods work like no bodies business!
I love to freeze blueberry bread in slices since the slices thaw much quicker– even by lunchtime!
Overall, this can be a Quite simple recipe for traditional blueberry bread. The batter takes about ten minutes to throw together, the bread stays moist for several days, and absolutely nothing beats the odor of fresh blueberry bread within the oven! If you’ve attempted the recipe int he past five years, tell me!
Favorite Blueberry Recipes:
- Blueberry Cake
- Blueberry Cream Cake
- Apple Blueberry Oat Muffins (for baby and toddlers!)
- Wheat Grains Blueberry Nut Muffins
- Blueberry Cupcakes
Listed here are my blueberry recipes if you’re craving more baking inspiration.