- 6 quarts sprang popcorn
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons vanilla flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate
- Place popcorn inside a large bowl and hang aside. Inside a large saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt provide a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil for 5-10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- Remove in the heat. Stir in vanilla and sodium bicarbonate mix well. Pour over popcorn and stir until well-coated. Pour into two greased 13×9-in. baking pans.
- Bake, uncovered, at 250° for forty-five minutes, stirring every fifteen minutes. Awesome completely. Store in airtight containers.
WOW! I had been always just a little reluctant to create caramel corn, thought it might be work intensive and too complicated. I saw this recipe and thought this does not look bad. Simple to make, takes some time but worthwhile. Best caramel corn I’ve ever sampled. Adopted directions exactly. Check it out, you will not be sorry.
We’ve been causeing this to be recipe for a long time for any 4H bake purchase. It always sells well, and has turned into a favorite in the purchase. We always need to make extra since the people in your own home have a tendency to gobble a variety of it lower before it ever causes it to be towards the purchase! Great recipe.
This is actually the best caramel corn. As mentioned-store in airtight containers however it will not last lengthy. It’s not hard to make, scrumptious to consume and never sticky like some caramel corns could be. For Christmas I added 1 cup cocktail peanuts and 1 cup unsalted cashews. I put the nuts on the top from the popcorn then put the caramel sauce over everything. I baked as always. Once the corn was completely awesome I melted 1 T shortening with 1 cup mixed milk chocolate and semi sweet choc chips. I allow it to awesome completely then place it in airtight metal tins to gift neighbors. It’s addicting.
Awesome! I’ll certainly make it can. So great!
This really is almost like the recipe I personally use, however i use puff corn – no hulls! It is called “crack corn” – can’t stop once you begin!! Scrumptious.
We loved this crunchy popcorn! Double the amount recipe, it is going fast.
Excellent recipe for caramel corn! After trying this recipe, I have tossed away my old one. Great flavor, texture and caramel coverage from the corn. I additionally used 3/4 teaspoon. soda like another reviewer noted, also it switched out perfectly.
Easy, relatively fast, along with a hit with caramel-popcorn enthusiasts—also would you want inside a caramel corn recipe? I added an additional 1/4 teaspoon of sodium bicarbonate (after studying reviews for Paula Deen’s nearly identical recipe) now, however the recipe’s been great each one of the 5+ occasions I have managed to get.
Everybody loves after i get this to. Make sure get all of the kernals out though I made that mistake once, OOPS!
I’ve chose to make this several occasions through the years,,I usually need to make two batches. It is always good.