Try the treat that began everything! Because of two full glasses of All-Bran® cereal per recipe, all these tasty muffins offers 14% of the fiber DRV. A classic scrumptious and nutritious snack for just about any time.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 50 min
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Kellogg’s® All-Bran® Original cereal
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
1. Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Put aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG’S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk. Let stand a couple of minutes or until cereal softens. Add egg and oil. Beat well. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin pan cups coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 400° F about twenty minutes or until golden brown. Awesome ten minutes. Serve warm.
VARIATION: For muffins with reduced calories, fat and cholesterol, use two tablespoons sugar, two tablespoons oil and substitute 2 egg-whites for 1 egg.
VARIATION: For muffins with low-fat and cholesterol, substitute 2 egg-whites for 1 egg and 1/4 cup sweetened applesauce (or 2 oz. jar bananas baby food) for 1/4 cup vegetable oil. (Muffin texture can vary slightly in the Original All-Bran Muffins recipe.)