This publish could have affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
This beet salad with arugula tastes fancy but is really easy to create. It jogs my memory from the beet salad in the Cheesecake Factory.This can be a show-stopping and flavorful salad that’s impressive for entertaining or perhaps a wonderful meal in.
My pal Nataliya B shared the concept with this salad beside me also it was an immediate hit! We introduced this to my sister’s house for supper also it disappeared rapidly with wonderful reviews from everybody. The balsamic vinaigrette will win you over. We make use of this same dressing on the chopped chicken salad and everywhere we are able to!
Make-Ahead Tip: Yes, you are able to absolutely pre-prepare the beets as much as three days ahead of time, cover and refrigerate them until available. You will find, you may make the beets immediately Pot!!
P.S. We’ve incorporated our Amazon . com affiliate links below for that tools we accustomed to get this to recipe.
Ingredients for Beet Salad with Arugula:
6 medium (2 lbs) beets
5 oz (6 cups) baby arugula, rinsed and spun dry
4 oz or 1/2 cup feta cheese, diced or crumbled**
1/2 cup pecans, toasted
1/2 cup dried cranberries
**We found the organic Feta within our local Boise Costco. It’s available in a block therefore we diced up so we loved the hearty bites of feta here. Everything relating to this beet salad is nice – wealthy in flavor and super healthy.
Balsamic Vinaigrette Ingredients:
1/2 cup extra virgin essential olive oil
3 Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1 Tablespoons of dijon mustard (we like Gray Poupon brand)
1 garlic clove clove, pressed or finely minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
How you can Prepare Beets in Instant Pot:
Our readers, Mila K. shared her method:
1. Wash and trim the beets so the stems have to do with -inch lengthy and also the plant’s roots are a maximum of a couple of inches lengthy.
2. Place basket insert into instant pot and add 1 cup water. Arrange the beets in one layer within the insert.
3. Lock the lid and make certain the valve around the lid is pointed in the “Sealing” position. Press the “Pressure Cook” button and prepare on ruthless for fifteen minutes. (For those who have smaller sized beets, it could take just 10 min to prepare. Bigger beets, however, will require twenty to thirty minutes to prepare.)
4. Once the beets are finished cooking, immediately release pressure by turning the venting knob to venting position. Unlock the lid. Make use of a sharp knife to poke the beets. When the knife pierces the flesh without an excessive amount of resistance, they’re done. When the beets still appear a tad too hard, prepare them under ruthless for two to five more minutes.
Steps to make Beet Salad with Arugula:
1. Should you don’t come with an instant pot yet: Preheat the oven to 400F. Line the foot of a medium rimmed baking sheet with foil. Wrap each beat inside a sheet of foil, wrapping tightly to close and arrange the beets around the lined baking sheet. Bake inside a preheated oven for one hour or until largest beet is definitely pierced. Remove from oven, unwrap and permit them to awesome to 70 degrees then peel the skins (see Pro Tip Below) and slice into halves after which wedges.
Pro Tip: Peeling cooked beets is simple with a set of mitts to maintain your hands clean. They peel quickly. I additionally slice from the root finish to discard any area of the beet which was touching foil.
2. Toast 1/2 cup pecans on the dry skillet, tossing frequently until golden and aromatic. Remove from heat and awesome to 70 degrees.
3. Transfer the arugula to some large mixing bowl adding remaining salad ingredients: sliced beets, 1/2 cup feta cheese, 1/2 cup toasted pecans and 1/2 cup dried cranberries.
Steps To Make Balsamic Vinaigrette:
1. Inside a mason jar, combine all dressing ingredients (1/2 cup extra virgin essential olive oil, 3 Tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, 1 Tablespoons of dijon mustard, 1 pressed garlic clove clove, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper) and shake well to mix and increase the salad to taste. Otherwise serving salad immediately, shake the dressing again right before drizzling within the salad.